Venturing Into a Whole Foods Diet


I must admit, choosing to eat whole foods hasn't been as simple as grazing a salad bar. To maintain proper nutrition, get enough protein in my (vegetarian) diet and feel full, I've had to learn about some foods that used to be foreign to me.
Good Eats: The Early Years

In the past month I've ventured into the world of cooking lentils, split dried peas and quinoa.

And, it was easy.

The hardest part was finding these items at the grocery store.

During my new food adventure, I must admit, my favorite recipe so far comes from Alton Brown, the host of the Food Network show "Good Eats." On the next cool evening, I highly recommend putting a pot of this soup on to simmer!


Until next time,
Choose Healthy!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or suggestion.