Dip It! 3 Healthy Dips for Snacktime

Salsa! Photo by Morguefile
Eating clean and healthy takes willpower. When it comes to snacking, I sometimes fail. A handful of chocolate chips is much easier to grab than washing, chopping and preparing a plate of raw veggies.

So, to keep things easy, a few of my go-to snacks are dips!

Skip the ranch and sour cream. Instead, whip up these three dips to enjoy with tortilla chips, baby carrots or pita bread wedges.
  1. Salsa: Create a blend of finely chopped tomatoes, bell peppers and onions. I like to also add fresh garlic and herbs like cilantro or parsley. Check out my recipe for 5 Minute Rainbow Cilantro Salsa.
  2. Hummus: As a vegetarian, I'm always looking for ways to boost my protein intake. A bowl of fresh chickpea-based dip called hummus is the way to go. I always add more lemon juice than the recipe calls for because it's sooo yummy!
  3. Avocado Dip: My favorite dip is avocado. Sure, the green fruit is high in fat, but it's unsaturated, so eat avocado as a snack once in while, and you'll be fine. Check out my recipe for Healthy Avocado Dip.
What types of dips you like to snack on?

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

PS: This post is part of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. Each day during April (excluding Sundays) I will be posting a blog related to a specific letter of the alphabet. Stop back tomorrow to keep up with what I've got cooking!
###

24 comments:

  1. Definitely steal...er, I mean borrowing that recipe...it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! All the dips sound delicious! I'm always looking for healthy recipes. We've been trying to move away from processed food and changing over to whole foods and/or foods that have limited (and pronounce-able ingredients). (Visiting from the A-Z Challenge.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you!!!!! It's really not as hard as people think. you just have to be creative with your ingredients and keep trying new things! ~Angela

      Delete
  3. 3 of my favorite dips :) yum

    A to Z Ninja Minion
    http://baygirl32.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just avoid dips entirely. My snacks are almonds, yogurt and apples. That's about it. The best way for me to eat healthy is to keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of these three my favorite is hummus. I love the texture. It's one of those foods that takes me somewhere with every bite (in this case an Israeli friend's house in Florida who invited me over for a bit of a cultural exchange.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it neat how food can do that! When I have sushi I think of my time in Australia! LOL! ~Angela

      Delete
  6. I was just talking about needing to experiment with avocado dip! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so much easier to do fresh veggies or fruit during the summer when they're plentiful. I'm a chip gal, not much for sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Plus they taste better "in season" too! ~Angela

      Delete
  8. The dips you listed are my favorites too! Great D post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like every one of those dips but have a particular fondness for avocado dip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love it plain with chips or as a topper for enchiladas or taco salad!

      Delete
  10. That Salsa looks so refreshing!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog...looking forward to a lot of great food ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love dips, and all three are favourite, just can't do it right yet. Not even salsa. Will try the recipe and experiment some more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man that looks DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog.
    Connie
    A to Z buddy
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or suggestion.