5 Quick Healthy Changes to Make Today

Get up and move! Photo Credit: SXC
Let's face it, if a task isn't quick and easy, we might pass it by. Healthy eating is the same way.

If it isn't simple to make a nutritious meal, why not just pick up the phone and order a pizza or swing through the fast food drive up? It only take minutes and the food is hot and ready for you. It's convenient. 

Well, until you start gaining weight, get winded easily and have health problems due to your poor diet!

Here's five quick ways you can start moving in the right direction toward a healthier lifestyle TODAY. Seriously, skip some couch time and do these five things...
  1. Open your cupboards and pantry. Remove all unopened chips, candy, processed snacks and unhealthy baking mixes. Put them in a box and donate them to the nearest food bank or shelter. If it's not in the house--you can't eat it.
  2. Drink water. Your body needs the hydration and it's calorie free. Dump that pop can or forgo your stop at Starbucks today. You're probably drinking more calories and chemicals than you realize.
  3. Go meatless for one meal today. Meat isn't bad for you, but when you choose processed, high fat options, you're not doing your body any favors. Instead opt for vegetable soup, a salad, steamed vegetables, rice or fruit.
  4. Do something active today. Go for a walk. Use that gym membership. Go for a swim at the YMCA. Take the dog to the park. Dust off your mountain bike. Go bowling. Do anything but sit on your rear!
  5. Make a batch of healthy snacks. Chop fresh veggies and fruits to keep in the fridge for go-to snacks. I like carrot chunks, bell pepper strips, strawberries and grapes. These all preserve well for several days so you always have something healthy to grab!
So, tell me what do you plan to do today to be a little bit healthier?

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

###

16 comments:

  1. Great tips Angela. I especially like the tip about the processed foods, not healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Many people don't even think about how many steps their food goes through before being packaged! ~Angela

      Delete
  2. Those are all changes that were made in my house quite a while ago. I do have a few things that are on the less healthy side for those days when I just do not have the time and energy, but normally I cook every night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great tips..especially water.

    We've switched to decaf coffee (not big Starbucks fans here) and I've switched to organic sugar (not granulated)and have even cut that to half.

    A lot of little things can sure lead to some great gains in the battle of 'the bulge' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a step-by-step process. I've even converted to using honey in my baking instead of sugar! But, when I do need sugar for texture, it's organic, pure cane. None of that bleached white stuff for me!! :) ~Angela

      Delete
  4. Dropping by on the A to Z and staying. We are working towards whole foods as a lifestyle so I will be spending some time reading all your blog. We do eat mostly at home and eat very little processed foods but it is quite a change.

    http://completelycalifornia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for visiting, Ann! Good luck on your journey and keep at it! This blog is my way of staying accountable. If I fall off the healthy wagon I won't have anything to write about! LOL! ~Angela

      Delete
  5. I am doing #s 2,3 and 4. I will add #1 to my list for the weekend. For #5, I try to have finger fruit, like grapes, on hand. Good, do-able list.
    Jagoda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everything you listed, and I follow that list already. I don't eat meat. Lots of fruits and vegetables!! www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! Good for you! We are soooo on the right track! ~Angela

      Delete
  7. I ate healthy minus sugar for over 90 days. During the Christmas season I fell off the wagon. I've had a hard time trying to get back on. Before I didn't have a problem giving up sugar and items with sugar in them. Now I'm struggling but I'm determined to get back to the place where I felt good and was losing weight. I still have a goal to reach. Thanks for the great reminder of the life I'm suppose to be leading. I have plenty to do but need to be healthy and full of energy to do them. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, Sugar is my crutch too. I love sweets. I keep telling myself I'm going to go sugar-free for a week or so and see how I feel. But I just haven't done it yet. I need to find a good juice cleanse that will automatically keep me from the sweets! ~Angela

      Delete

Please leave a comment or suggestion.