Raspberry-Banana Smoothie


Fresh Raspberries
Photo from Wikimedia Commons
After I exercise, I like to indulge in a fruit smoothie. The natural sugars prolong my post-workout energy high. Plus, it's an easy way to get part of my daily fruit intake without lots of chopping, juicing or peeling.

Today I created a banana-raspberry smoothie. It's sweeter than most of the morning drinks I create, but it makes my sweet tooth happy!

Here's the recipe:

1 cup milk (use any kind you like: cow, almond, soy, etc.)
1 peeled banana, chunks
1/2 cup fresh raspberries, washed and whole
1 Tbs. raw honey
1 Tbs. milled flax seed
5-6 ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!

Now, while you sip, here's how you're fueling your body. The banana serves up a healthy dose of vitamin B6, potassium and fiber. Plus, one banana only has 1 gram of sodium and helps prevent high blood pressure. The raspberries are full of skin-clearing antioxidants, vitamin C and dietary fiber. And, the Omega-3 fatty acids in the flaxseed reduces inflammation and blood pressure.
Drink up!
 

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela
Whole Foods Living

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or suggestion.