|Photo courtesy Wikimedia Commons.|
1. Always peel citrus fruits before juicing. The white pith on the underside of the fruit skin makes homemade juice taste bitter.
2. After washing carrots, you can juice the whole thing: greens and all!
3. Mixing fruits and vegetables is a good thing. Some vegetables are bland or bitter when juiced. Try adding an apple to sweeten your veggie drink.
4. Only make as much juice as you'll drink in a day, or a serving. The longer you store the juice, the less nutrients it retains.
5. Don't throw away fibrous vegetable remains inside the juicer. Use this to make soup stock!
Do you have tips for making great, fresh juice? Please share in the comments below!
Until Next Time,
Whole Foods Living
Follow me on Facebook!