Arugula and Avocado Salad

My mouth-watering arugula and avocado salad.
The one good thing about these hot, dry days of summer is enjoying treats from the garden.

Thankfully a few of my friends are avid gardeners and love to share their produce.

(Thanks, Mandy & Jess!)

The other day I decided to play around in the kitchen with some fresh arugula. I've had the leafy greens in salads made with a blend of various lettuces, but this was the first time I've enjoyed arugula solo. It's sweet flavor with a peppery finish is definitely an acquired taste.

After playing with a few ingredients, I settled on making an arugula and avocado side salad to go with dinner. After rinsing the greens I added cubed avocado and slices of mozzarella cheese. Then I dressed the salad with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil. The creamy avocado was a perfect match for the arugula.

So, have you tried arugula? How do you like to eat it? I still have a few handfuls waiting the refrigerator, so I want to use it up soon!

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

###

4 comments:

  1. I haven't knowingly eaten arugula, but it may have been mixed in with a salad. Your salad sounds scrumptious! Anything with avocado has got to be good! I like simple dressings and lime juice/olive oil will definitely be tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, the avocado was wonderful! And I love making homemade dressings. Olive oil with a splash of any citrus is delicious. Try lemon, orange or lime juice! ~Angela

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've ever had arugula. I take that back, maybe a few bits in a mixed salad. I like mild tasting leafy greens and spinach the best. I've been trying to eat more salads lately and I've discovered my new favorite ingredient is Kalamata olives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually gravitate towards more mild greens too. Argulua is definitely not an everyday green because it has such a distinct flavor.

      You know, I love olive oil. I eat it daily, bake with it and even use it for skin care. But for some odd reason I don't care for actual olives. They seem too salty. Weird, I know! ~Angela

      Delete

Please leave a comment or suggestion.