Getting Buff with Alton Brown

The hubby and I try to be a little adventuresome in the kitchen. Last week we embarked on a new journey: Alton Brown's Buff Smoothie.
Strawberries! Photo Credit: Morguefile
The infamous Food Network food guru claims he lost 50 lbs. by enjoying this berry-filled smoothie for breakfast and making healthier eating decisions.

Since I love everything about smoothies, and the hubby thinks losing a few pounds would be fun, we've been mixing up these smoothies in the old blender. So far, so good. The purple concoction is sweet, filling and a pretty shade of purple. I'm hooked. I'm still amazed these smoothies stick with me until lunchtime.

Has anyone else tried Alton Brown's Buff Smoothie? (Get the recipe HERE!) I'd love to hear if it has helped you shed a few pounds. Of course I know drinking a smoothie for breakfast isn't going to make pounds melt away. But, when combined with exercise, watching portions and making healthier eating decisions, I wonder if this smoothie really has some magical powers. It seems like a lot of (natural) sugars to me!

Thoughts?

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or suggestion.