The Farmer's Market is Open!

Bring on the kohlrabi! Hello, tomato plants! My local farmer's market is officially open!

This afternoon I spent part of my lunch break exploring the booths at the market downtown. Although there were only eight stalls, the number of vendors will quadruple in the next few weeks as more fresh produce ripens and the crafty folk have more free time to devote to the summer market.

I was surprised at the variety of fresh vegetables available already: asparagus, several types of lettuce, kohlrabi, parsnips, radishes, kale, collard greens, turnips and spinach.

Of course one of the honey vendors and bakeries were also set up for business. New this year: a man who makes fishing lures.

You just never know what you'll find at the farmer's market!

Have you been to your local farmer's market yet? Tell me in the comments below about your favorite finds at the market while I munch on this fresh kohlrabi!

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or suggestion.