Enjoying Blueberries on Vacation

Blueberries! Photo: Morguefile
I'm back! The hubby and I just returned from a fabulous vacation in northern Minnesota, the land of wild blueberries.

Despite being on vacation, I was able to eat a hearty helping of natural whole foods.

My favorite meal, which I had twice by the way, was a blueberry salad. A bed of fresh greens was topped with plump blueberries, toasted pecans, blue cheese crumbles and a drizzle of maple syrup vinaigrette. Delicious!

Have you been enjoying any early spring produce yet?
I hope to get my garden planted within the next week or two.

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

###

10 comments:

  1. Mmm, I need that salad. I love fresh blueberries. Cooked ones? Not so much, especially after making over 1000 pies for a school fundraising event a few years ago. That wasn't actually the problem, the problem was in buying 6 pies to support the cause. We're STILL sick of blueberries, 4 years later,lol

    Welcome home! I'm glad you got to get away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laeli! I don't know if I could ever get sick of blueberries. LOL! We also brought home a blueberry pie! :) ~Angela

      Delete
  2. Mmmm...that salad sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Joy, it was sooooo good! I'll have to try to re-create it here at home! ~Angela

      Delete
  3. That salad sounds yummmmy! I'll eat fresh blueberries any time of the day--love them. I planted three blueberry bushes in my yard and expect to get a good harvest this year. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome!! I should plant some blueberries too. I understand they grow pretty well in the Midwest! ~Angela

      Delete
  4. Sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you had a fabulous time Angela. I just got my computer back yesterday so I'm back online finally.

    We have blueberries growing in our yard I'm going to net them so the birds don't get them! cross your fingers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Oh, I wish I had a blueberry bush. They grow well in Iowa, but the blue bird poop is annoying!!! LOL! ~Angela

      Delete
  5. Blueberries are probably my favorite fruit, period. I can (and do) eat them by the handful every year. I don't bother freezing them, since I can get them easily enough, and eating fresh is like heaven! My favorite blueberry salad combo includes massaged kale and chevre with the berries... again, heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love them so much too! We use them in breakfast smoothies almost daily!! Your salad sounds wonderful too! ~Angela

      Delete

Please leave a comment or suggestion.