|Kidney beans! Photo: Morguefile|
But, why should you starting eating more of them? Well, here's five good reasons!
- Kidney beans are high in fiber, which means they can prevent blood sugar levels from spiking too quickly after a meal. This is important for diabetics and those with hypoglycemia.
- Mix kidney beans with rice to create a complete protein. This is important if you're a vegetarian or eating a meatless meal.
- Kidney beans contain both soluble and insoluble fiber. This means they keep you regular and help clear cholesterol out of your system. Kidney beans can lessen the symptoms of irritable bowl syndrome.
- Kidney beans are rich in magnesium and folate, which are important for heart health.
- Kidney beans are fat-free and low in calories. So, eat up!