Gluten-free, One Pan, 10-minute Vegetarian Stir Fry

I love to cook healthy meals extra fast during my work breaks. Well today I'm sharing one of my go-to favorites filled with a rainbow of veggies and vegetarian protein.

I'm always on the look out for more ways to get protein into my vegetarian diet. Recently I started enjoying tempeh, a fermented soy-based product that can be sliced and used much like chicken breast.

I find that I like tempeh pan fried until it's lightly crisped, then mixed with vegetables. So, voila! That's how I came about this super simple meal that clocks in at about 300 calories.

Gluten-free, One Pan, 10-minute Vegetarian Stir Fry

3 oz. tempeh (I like Lightlife Tempeh with Flax)
1/2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups Mandarin stir fry mixed vegetables, frozen
Bragg's Liquid Aminos
  1. Put the extra virgin olive oil in a fry pan and warm it to a medium-high setting. While the pan gets hot, cut the tempeh into small, bite-size cubes and slice the mushrooms. I prefer to buy the mushrooms already sliced since they are the same price as whole mushrooms.
  2. Add the tempeh and mushrooms to the oil. Let them lightly brown on one side for about three to four minutes. Toss, and let the other sides begin to brown for another few minutes.
  3. Add the frozen mixed vegetables, reduce the heat to medium and put a lid on the pan. Let the frozen vegetables soften.
  4. Once the vegetables are hot, sprinkle the mixture with some Bragg's Liquid Aminos to give the meal that salty soy sauce-like flavor without any gluten. That's it!

So, tell me: How do you like to use tempeh in the kitchen? I'm looking for new ways to enjoy this protein-packed soy product.

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

PS: Want more healthy food ideas? Visit my public Pinterest boards: Whole Foods Living and Feed Me Zucchini!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or suggestion.