Tomatoes, Tomatoes Everywhere!

Cooking down the tomatoes. Photo by Angela Tague
The days feel like summer, evenings like fall. Welcome to October in the central Midwest.

My garden is slowly dying down and I'm in the process of figuring out what to do with all of these tomatoes! I have red, yellow and orange goodies to put to good use.

Two weeks ago I made a batch of spicy red pepper pizza sauce. Last weekend it was homemade pasta sauce with mushrooms, bell peppers and onions thrown into the mix. I also froze some peeled tomatoes for a future batch of chili or tomato soup.

How do you like to use your end-of-season garden tomatoes?

If you have any tips for making good use of the green tomatoes still on the vine, please let me know. It's to dip down into the 30s this weekend, and I don't want the tomatoes to go to waste!

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any end of the season tomatoes this year. Didn't get a garden in. If I did have tomatoes, I'd make salsa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a big batch of salsa earlier this summer. Good stuff! I wonder what green tomato salsa would taste like? Hmmm.... ~Angela

      Delete

Please leave a comment or suggestion.