It Smells Like Summer in Here!

Strawberries! Photo by Angela Tague
Half awake and blurry-eyed, I took my 9-year-old puppy out for a potty break at 4:something a.m. As I waited around in the kitchen for her to finish her duties, I wasn't sure what it was, but a sweet smell filled my nostrils.

Then it hit me. I left 4 lbs. of fresh strawberries out to dry after a good thorough washing.

If you never need a natural air freshener, try leaving a bunch of strawberries out! I was lucky enough to snag them on sale for $1.28 per pound at Fareway, so I had to stock up. No, I won't eat all of these in the next few days. Most of them will be sliced and frozen for future smoothies and strawberry sauce for shortcake.

How do you like to use up extra fresh produce? Do you can, freeze or preserve it another way? Please share in the comments below. I'm always looking for smart ways to save fresh produce.

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

###

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I love strawberries so much. Your post makes me so hungry for them. I used to go pick a whole flat and then eat as many of them as I could before they went bad. Sometimes I'd even share a few ; )

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or suggestion.