Banana Bread Smoothie Recipe

It's no secret I love to start my day with a healthy, decadent-flavored smoothie.
Photo credit: Morguefile

I often sip on a Chocolate-Covered Banana Smoothie or Raspberry-Banana Smoothie.

Hey, who says breakfast can't be good for me and delicious?

Today I came up with an oh so tasty treat! Fall is in the air and I've been wanting to make up a loaf of banana bread. Or, maybe pumpkin bread. Anyway, since I haven't had time yet, I adapted the flavor into a smoothie. Enjoy!

Banana Bread Smoothie 

1 serving (approx. 300 calories)
  • 1 cup soy milk (I used 8th Continent Soy Milk, Original)
  • 1 large banana, cut into chunks
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup dry quick oats
1. Place the milk, banana and honey in the blender.
2. Top with the oats and cinnamon.
3. Combine until creamy, pour and enjoy!

*Note: If you are using a small, single-serve blender, invert the layering of the ingredients, so the oats aren't the first ingredient to touch the blender blades.

Do you have a favorite morning go-to smoothie recipe? Tell me about it in the comments below!

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

PS: You can find me on Facebook and Twitter for more delicious ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or suggestion.