Optimism: The Secret Ingredient to a Healthy Life

Photo Credit: SXC
Welcome to Whole Foods Living! You've obviously dropped by because you're interested in eating healthy, making lifestyle changes or learning how to say no to a second helping of dessert.

It can be difficult to change your diet without a dash of optimism.

Being optimistic truly is the secret ingredient to pushing forward in your quest for a healthier you. Being optimistic means you're hoping for a favorable outcome. Obviously staring at an uncommon vegetable or green smoothie with negative thoughts won't make it taste any better. Be positive. Be adventuresome. The only way you will expand your healthy food options is by trying new things.

Go into every new culinary adventure with an open mind. Since starting this blog I've discovered so many foods that have now become kitchen staples. Quinoa. Asparagus. Mushrooms. Squash. Brown rice. Potato flour. Lentils.

What new foods have you tried lately? Or, what would you like to try? Remember, be optimistic, not skeptic! You may just find your palate has changed over the years and you enjoy more produce and whole grains than you did as a child!

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

PS: Tomorrow I'm highlighting a new food I just tried. It starts with the letter "P" to fit with the A to Z Blogging Challenge! 

###

18 comments:

  1. I agree! You must be optimistic and try new things. I tell my kids that all the time! Great topic post for the A to Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad to hear you're influencing your kids in such a positive way. If they grow up eating healthy things, they'll never know any different and crave the good stuff!!! :) ~Angela

      Delete
  2. I *love* trying new foods. I rarely let looks or textures throw me off. It's all about the flavour experience.

    I'll try just about anything once and I've been known to keep trying foods until I get used to the flavour or find a way that I like it prepared.

    I haven't tried anything new recently, but I live in a place where strange, new foods are rarely found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound just like me! I've never been a person to refuse foods due to the texture, color, appearance, etc. I taste it, then decide! ~Angela

      Delete
  3. I like this post! Looking forward to your new food adventure for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure of a new food I've tried recently, let me think. Nothing really in some time, I think I eat most everything. Now you've got me craving something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I go to the grocery store and search for new, weird things. Start in the produce section at an ethnic grocery store. I've bought things, brought them home, then Googled how to cut/peel/cook it. It's so much fun!!! ~Angela

      Delete
  5. Optimism is something I truly need to learn.
    Shawn at Laughing at Life 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Optimism is an "aquired taste", that's for sure. I think the key is getting over the thought that you simply won't like it. I used to hate asparagus, but kicked off this challenge with making myself "learn to like it". ~Angela

      Delete
  6. I am quite pessimistic at times but I think overall nowadays I have an upbeat and positive attitude to life. I think ;) Or at least I feel very happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent!!! Good for you!!! Thanks for stopping by! ~Angela

      Delete
  7. Hi Angela, I am always open to trying new foods and find that I like a good many of them. There have been a few things I haven't been crazy about...like quinoa cooked with just butter. But at a recent nutrition class the instructor brought in a bar of dark chocolate (which I love) and it had quinoa in it. It was like a Nestle Crunch bar. Now I have found a way that I can enjoy this grain lol...just not too much I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of plain quinoa either. I like to sneak it into a pot of vegetable soup or make it into a cold salad in lieu of pasta. But that chocolate bar, now that sounds perfect! My weakness is sweets, so that's right up my alley!!! Thanks for visiting! ~Angela

      Delete
  8. I made a delicious (new to me) dinner tonight: brown rice, feta cheese and asparagus pie. I skipped dessert which is hard because my Pop eats ice cream every evening. He's 88 and he can eat as much ice cream as he wants.
    Jagoda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pie sounds like a good combo! As you probably know from my posts, I'm really trying to like asparagus more. I might have to try that combo! Thanks! ~Angela

      Delete
  9. Attitude truly does affect you more than any food. A bad one will surely bring an early death, and a good one can get you through the worst of illnesses.

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or suggestion.