Easy Jalapeno Jelly Dip

Fresh jalapeno peppers. Photo: SXC
It has taken quite a few years for me to learn to enjoy hot, spicy foods. Even now, I tend to gravitate to mild peppers and hot sauces.

One pepper I've never grown fond of is the jalapeno. It's still simply too hot for my taste buds.

Woah! Sweet Jalapenos!
So, you can imagine my surprise when I tried jalapeno jelly. It's wonderful! It's tangy, sweet and a little spicy. I'm sure it's made with oodles of sugar, which really isn't healthy at all.

My first experience with the green jelly was at a holiday party. A friend made a simple dip with it and I swear I ate half the plate!

Easy Jalapeno Jelly Dip
Cover a plate with softened cream cheese. Layer it on like you're frosting a cake. Then spoon the green jalapeno jelly on top. Smooth it out so it covers the cheese.

Serve the "dip" with buttery crackers and that's it! It doesn't sound good, but it really is a delicious way to use extra peppers from the garden or whip up a quick appetizer.

So, do you like jalapenos? How do you like to eat them?

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

###

12 comments:

  1. I had no idea about Jalapeno jelly. I will have to try it some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, It's awesome!! I hear it's also a wonderful marinade for grilled meats! ~Angela

      Delete
  2. Love them Angela.

    I feel like a broken record since there really aren't any foods I don't like.

    I tend to go for the hot end of the spice meter. And we even grow some chillies in our garden every year of some variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go, Jen!!! I'll stick to the sweet bell peppers! :) ~Angela

      Delete
  3. Not a big fan of jalapenos, but I do love a little spice. This is a great J word, and lovely blog.
    tm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning to like a little spice. I will now add crushed red pepper flakes to my homemade pizza sauce! :) ~Angela

      Delete
  4. Spicy food isn't for everyone. I'm the girl that goes to the Mexican restaurant and then tells them the food isn't hot enough. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I hear that spicy foods are good for you -- to clear the sinuses and all! Enjoy! ~Angela

      Delete
  5. Oh man, I love jalapeno jelly! It's good stuff!

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you've tried it. I like picking it up at the local farmer's market! Happy A-to-Z 2013! ~Angela

      Delete
  6. I have seen the jelly but did not think it sounded very appealing. Now I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or suggestion.