Roast 'em! The Easiest Way to Cook Vegetables

Chopped and ready to roast! Photo by Angela Tague
When I talk to friends and family about eating healthier they always tell me it's too difficult--or they can't imagine eating salads daily.

Well, I certainly don't eat a pile of lettuce each day, and I'm a busy gal that puts in 50 or so hours a week at work, so I have to keep it simple. If I can do it, you can too!

When I want a hot, healthy side dish of vegetables I roast them.

Simply wash and chop the vegetables into bite-size chunks, toss them in a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and spread them on a baking sheet. I cook the vegetables in a hot 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 8-15 minutes until they're softened with crisp, golden edges.

Here's a few of my favorite vegetables to roast:
  • carrots, onions & potatoes
  • bell peppers, summer squash, cherry tomatoes & mushrooms
  • broccoli & cauliflower
  • kale
How do you like to prepare vegetables when you're in a hurry?

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

###

4 comments:

  1. When I was a raw vegan-I'm not anymore-I found it pretty easy to convert. I just naturally like veggies, in the raw. Some people struggle so much with that though. I know a guy who only eats corn. That's it. The only veggie he'll touch.

    I've never thought of roasting kale, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, i can't imagine only eating corn! I love veggies so much they make up at least 75% of my food each day. Yes, roasting kale is easy. They turn into crispy "chips" that make a great snack. Happy A-to-Z 2013! ~Angela, Whole Foods Living, http://www.wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. Roasted veggies are simply yummy! It's definitely easy to incorporate healthy eating habits into your daily meals. Will be stealing your idea for a squash, tomatoes and mushrooms combo for our dinner tonight - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or suggestion.