Tasty, tempting Tea!

Tea. Photo Credit: SXC
One of my friends refers to tea as dirty water. Well, I think she just hasn't tried enough varieties!

Tea is a healthy, zero calorie beverage that can be enjoyed hot or cold and comes in so many flavors and types, it's tough to get bored.

If you're looking for an alternative to sugary sodas and juices, add tea to your shopping list.

Here's my top three favorite teas:
  • Red rooibos tea with vanilla beans
  • Herbal tea with a chamomile base
  • Spiced herbal chai made with black pepper
A writer friend of mine wrote a wonderful primer on other types of tea (including naturally caffeinated varieties that I can't enjoy due to an autoimmune sensitivity) titled "5 types of tea and their health benefits" for Vista Magazine. Check it out to learn more about black, green, white, chai and herbal teas!

Do you enjoy tea? I love brewing a pot of herbal tea made from dried chamomile flowers and rose hips flavored with a spoon of honey.

Until Next Time,
Choose Healthy!

Angela Tague
Whole Foods Living

###

10 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of chai tea, sleepytime and almond:) When I go to Peru, I will be trying mate de coca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would love almond tea! And I have never heard of mate de coca! I will have to look that one up. Enjoy your trip! ~Angela

      Delete
  2. I love tea, though don't have a lot of experience with the "natural" variety.

    We're still using bags, at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take an extra minute to browse the tea section at the store. There's some cool ones in bags! My favorite red rooibos tea is in a bag! ~Angela

      Delete
  3. I'm currently drinking an herbal caffeine free mint tea that's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds fantastic! I enjoyed some herbal mint tea yesterday!! ~Angela

      Delete
  4. I love chai tea, and have been making a "from scratch" version for a while now. It takes a bit of time, but is totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tea. I usually have several varieties of tea at home at all times. In fact, one of my goals when I go to England this summer is to find some wonderful new teas to bring home with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh! Have a great trip and enjoy "tea hunting"!! ~Angela

      Delete

Please leave a comment or suggestion.